Assistant Development Manager
Position type and expected hours of work: Permanent full-time, 40 hours per week
Reports To: Executive Vice President of Communications and Finance; Works Closely with Executive Director and President
Supervisory responsibilities: No
Support strategic fundraising planning efforts; Oversee day-to-day fundraising operations; Produce and provide written materials, research, etc. necessary to effectively meet fundraising objectives
- Drafting, editing, and facilitating approval and submission of foundation proposals and reports, as well as proposals and reports for individual donors, programmatic partnerships, and other organizations as directed
- Providing and producing pertinent research and other materials in advance of donor meetings, to include giving histories, biographical background, demographic information, up-to-date polling, and other such as needed
- Managing the in-house administrative needs of the Development Department, including: producing weekly meeting agendas, document storage on Google Drive, maintaining a calendar of deadlines and production timelines
- Collaborate with and support outside development consultants and senior staff in developing departmental strategies and donor engagement plans
- Produce, record, and distribute contribution acknowledgements and solicitations to foundations, individuals, and organizations
- Maintaining and updating the donor database (NGP VAN)
- Effective interpersonal skills to clearly communicate with varied stakeholders and/or potential funding sources
- Excellent writing and editing abilities to create narratives highlighting the organization’s goals, programs, and outcomes to clients and potential clients under deadline constraints
- Flexible and self-motivated working style with keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of and interest in issues facing the civic engagement community
- Facility with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs and Google Drive
The Assistant Development Manager works in a collaborative environment with senior management as well as external fundraising consultants. The duties of this position regularly require viewing a computer screen for long periods.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview to continue with the application process. The Voter Participation Center/Women’s Voices.Women Vote Action Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.